Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good check from Radiology

I saw the Radiologist yesterday. Teresa and Lauren joined me at the hospital. The Radiologist was a really mellow guy, friend of Lauren's. We all waited in the lobby of the hospital and he came out to find us, then took us back to his office. In his office he had set up about 6 flat panel monitors in a half moon on his desk. He only used 3 of those while he was showing us the scans. He brought up the scans and worked through them in what seemed maybe a bit quickly, but he also said he didn't see much other than what was around the area I've already had surgery. He said he looked over everything closely; looked at the bones, looked at my organs, etc etc. Everything looked pretty normal he said. He said there was thickening of the area around where the surgery performed and that was probably more, but overall he didn't see anything further. He was impressed that I was pretty fit and my scans showed more muscle tissue than what he sees on so many other people's scans.

Overall a good visit, with good news. Following that I called my surgeons office and left a message requesting more information and reports. Should get those soon.

No comments: