Saturday, May 16, 2009

1st week of radiation down

1 week down, 5 weeks to go!!!! Almost done with the tedious stuff, woo woo.

It's been "easy peasy" so far, and it's getting to the point where I get there and by the time I'm changed they are ready for me, then it only takes 15 minutes, MAX!

Every 5th day of radiation they keep me a little longer for X-rays to confirm that the targeting tattoos are still on target, so that takes some extra time...Otherwise boring.

Monday, I have to go early to see the docs to talk about how it's going, then things carry on from there...

I remember a nurse in Seattle told me that during her radiation treatment she had an aloe plant which she broke a leave off, after each round of radiation, and rubbed into the skin at that location. The end result was that her skin didn't get irritated and didn't have noticeable changes. I don't have an aloe plant, but I bought a big thing of pure aloe gel and a bottle of "solarcaine." So far so good.

No comments: