Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rolling the dice

Well, if you go looking for something, you're sure to find it...  I guess I've been looking for any excuse to say that this trial isn't working for me and I can go off trial and try to get on a different one.  After meeting with Dr. he was pleased with my scans, indicating that for the most part it wasn't growing, but some mets were, while others weren't and some may have even shrunk.  He went into a long explanation about how he had looked at a the iliac artery and found it to be looking better now than it had before.  He also explained that my kidney function had returned to the best it's been in over a year.  All these reasons he indicated led him to believe that it was working for me.

I told him I didn't think it was good enough, that I'd been at odds with the trial for a while, the commute was becoming too burdensome, and I was more interested in another trial.  We talked a lot about how much he believed the current trial was benefiting me and why I shouldn't leave it.  Ultimately, I chose to exit the trial and now I'm trying to get on the one I really want to.  We'll have to see how that goes, I'm hopeful that I can get on it!

Unfortunately this is really causing me some anxiety...  But, you have to roll the dice.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Nobody has a good answer. Go with what you believe. Now that you've made a decision there's no sense in worrying about whether it's right or wrong just keep moving forward. You could very well be on the path to something really awesome!

Adam said...

Thank you for the support Bro! I'm trying not to look back, but sometimes your mind is just a terrible trickster...