Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day -3 and beyond

So today I am on lead in Day -3.  It is a no drug day, and I'm feeling fine, a bit worn out from the traveling.  I returned from a round trip to SF yesterday, day -4, at 11:30 last night.  I won't be back on drug until Day 1, Friday, when I get both drugs AND a lot of tests.

Day -4 I had to be there so they could draw from PK's and PD's of the drug.  I napped most of the time, but it wasn't very restful with all the interruptions.  They take blood several times and do a bunch of EKG's watching the Qt interval which is a common side effect of this drug.  I didn't feel as fatigued by the drug, but I was napping anyway.

Day -5 and -6 were kind of rough.  I felt very fatigued and ended up sleeping a lot.  Also, the drugs seemed to have a laxative effect so I had to have a movement frequently and urgently.  Other than the fatigue I didn't have any problems with bleeding, fever, chills, or anything that they normally ask about.

No comments: