Saturday, July 20, 2013

Finally Part 2

I probably should go into detail about how much trouble I had getting on the most recent trial, and maybe I will in another post, but right now I'm just so happy to say I finally was able to meet all their silly requirements to participate and today is the second day I've been on trial...  I'm in the lead in phase now which means that I am taking the newest drug everyday for 4 days.  Once the actual trial starts, it is on a intermittent schedule.

The one thing I will say about getting on this trial is that if I was asked what hell was, I would say it's what a late stage oncology patient goes through; trying to get on a promising trial and repeatedly having something come up that is infuriatingly close but prevented by a bureaucratic entities strict adherence to protocol and guidelines.

No comments: