Friday, February 17, 2012

First day of Yondelis

Yondelis, aka Trabectedin, is administered over 24 hour continuous injection/drip. I get hooked up to a pump on Friday afternoon and come back to the clinic for a disconnect on Saturday. Following that I get a shot of pegfilgrastem(Nulasta) and get sent on my way.

The hook up is fine, and I get a nifty little bag to carry my pump around in. Pretty soon after I am hooked up I am already not feeling to good, but I think that is mostly because I'm frustrated and annoyed. I go meet up with my pal Allan and we go run some errands and get some food. We head back to his place and work on setting up his home theatre. He says I can stay on the nights that I am getting treatment, so that is a relief. He said he'll make me a key...

The next day, I sleep in, feeling bad, and maybe a bit sick. I ignore feeling sick and just lounge around Allan's apartment. Suddenly, I'm feeling sick and run to the bathroom to vomit. No food, so it's not much, but I go ahead and take the antinausea medicine and am able to get through the rest of the day without any problems.

I go back to clinic to get disconnected and then begin the drive straight home.

No comments: