Sunday, March 4, 2012

Still same old symptoms

Still having the same symptoms the I mentioned before, but I took tylenol and that made it fine for the day. I'm not sure what is causing the problems, but I'm expecting the worse... The nurses said if it was unbearable to go ahead and get a CT. It hasn't been totally unbearable and since I see them this Friday, I'll just wait and see how that all goes. I'm concerned these problems I've been having might prevent my from getting further therapy, but on the other hand, I'm not convinced it's working anyway.

I've been looking at some alternative therapies and read the book "Outsmart Your Cancer" which has some seemingly good information in it of different ways you can fight cancer. I have decided to try the Cantron(cancell/protocell) therapy because it is relatively inexpensive and there have been many proponents of it. Also, it seems pretty easy to take.

In standard therapies, I've still got the 2 chemo therapies they my doctor has suggest. Also, I've been reading about cryoablation and think that could be really good for me at this point. I plan to see if I can get that done either at the U or if I can get referred to someone who can/will do it.

1 comment:

Amby670 said...

Hey Adam, I finally just caught up on your blog. Have they offered you Avastin? I think it can be combined with docitaxel. I'm taking it alone and it's pretty mild.

Have you gotten another opinion from any doctors beside the immunotherapy researcher? I would have your doctor start calling around to other clinics. Or I would just do it myself. I found a list here: http://sarcomahelp.org/learning_center/articles/sarcoma_centers.html. Oregon Health and Science University has a specialty center.

My doc at SCCA had no options for me besides traditional chemotherapy- I switched to Swedish and now I'm on Avastin and tamoxifen which seems to be working. As far as other treatments, I bought all the ingredients for "Essiac Tea," so I'm going to drink that if necessary. People swear by it.

Hang in there. If you ever need a place to stay in Seattle let me know because you are always welcome!