Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Took weekend off

I'm pretty convinced that all the troubles I've been having are a result of the pazopanib, so I stopped taking it to alleviate that. In some ways it got better, in other ways it didn't, and I was still in pain when I saw my doctor Tuesday. He's not convinced it's the pazopanib and really wants me to start/stay on it for a while. We talked about the issues, but didn't really come up with any solutions. I asked for pain meds and got that, but I'm hesitant to take those and start a new set of side effects that I have to manage. He ordered a CT to see if there was anything going on in my abdomen; there was nothing conclusive about what could be causing the pain, but he is still not convinced it's the drug. The CT did show, as I suspected, that at least one tumor had a "marked" response to the pazopanib, so we really want me to get back on it. I think it might be some kind of infection but really the coincidence with me starting on the drugs is hard to ignore.

I go in for blood work either today or tomorrow. I started on a reduced dosage of the pazopanib again. I feel ok as long as I just sit still, which although the med might be working, is not the quality of life I was hoping for.

No comments: