Monday, April 2, 2012

Most recent results

As I suspected, the trebectedin had no effect and my tumors progressed. Seemed to me like a lot.

My doctor is concerned that one of the tumors is compressing the ureter from my right kidney and causing some swelling of the kidney. He spoke with a urologist who said the swelling wasn't that great at this time, but it should be watched. If it becomes a problem they would need to put a stint in it to hold the ureter open...

Since the trebectedin didn't work, I asked to be put on pazopanib. I got confirmation that I can have that script for only 75$ co/pay. That's not bad, I guess.

One thing my doctor mentioned to me was an HDAC trial going on in Canada. I think he might have mentioned it before, but anyway... I called a hospital in Vancouver about that and they said they needed a referral, so I've asked for that from my doctor. He said he'd provide that. I'm pretty hopeful I can get on that because I've read that it's been pretty effective. Also, I'm kind of scrambling to get on it since, according to the trial posting on clinicaltrials.gov, it will be wrapping up soon.

Shamefully, I think I ignored the Canadian trial because it's not in the states. I figured they wouldn't treat me... I really need to learn to not answer questions that I haven't asked yet...

next steps:
hope for this clinical in Vancouver.
otherwise, Pazopanib and keep trying for cryoablation...

No comments: