Thursday, February 12, 2009

Round III begins with the sun; in Seattle, in February!!?!?!?!??!!??!

Yesterday started early with Mark coming to the house and picking me up in the snow and fog. The bit of snow at the house had me feeling guilty about the whole trip up, but Mark was more than reassuring, and when we got outside of Ellensburg it became clear I didn't have anything to worry about! I do owe Mark a car wash though. Before heading off we stopped in at my Father's and said a quick goodbye and then were off.
It was pretty foggy through most of the valley, but there were some occasional clearings and we noticed off in the distance this strange thing called sun light. That really lifted our sprits and we kept seeing more and more sun until we crossed the pass, with no problems by the way, and were treated a green and sunny west side. Who knew!?!?!
My first appointment was a blood draw at 10, and I was late for that, but a blood draw doesn't require the promptness that my other appointments do so I wasn't at all worried about that. I checked into the SCCA for that and they accessed my port and took some blood to get started. It was still sunny out in Seattle, so I tried to encourage Mark that he didn't have to hang out at SCCA especially with REI so close... I went to my next appoinment, a chest CT scan, and that took longer then I would have liked. I had forgotten that you have to be injected with a marker and they hold you for observation after that, and that took another half hour. Mark and I were planning on heading out to Red Mill, so this was really cutting into that. Again, Mark was totally cool about the situation and agreed to go after all my appointments.
I got to my last appointment and that took at bit longer than I anticipated and I was really getting hungry, so I knew I'd be ready to eat a big meal at Red Mill!!!! We drove straight over to Red Mill, in the sun, and enjoyed those super burgers and onion rings! Then, it was back to my old digs at UWMC. I got a new nurse and was (umbilically) with beaker, it was great! Currently the juices ARE flowing!
All in all it was a really nice day, but chilly! Mark thanks for everything, I owe you pal!

No comments: