Monday, March 11, 2013

March 7-11th

So, these day's were defined by a sharp pain on the left side of my body in the lower abdomen.  It was extremely painful so I continued to take Oxycodone.   Makes me pretty sleepy, so I chanced taking it at work, and was able to stay awake and get through the week, but I know I wasn't nearly as sharp as I am familiar with.  Definitely used the Oxy to get me to sleep, but woke up to pain after that wore off... about 4 hours.  Then took another.  It's a pretty low dose and I try to avoid using it but sometimes it's necessary, especially for sleep.

A common side effect of the ramucirumab is nose bleeds and I'm no exception.  I've pretty much had at least one a day, mostly in the mornings, but sometimes at other times in the day.  I joke that no one should even look at my nose or it might bleed.  It hasn't been completely unmanageable, it is an annoyance though.

On the evening of the 11th, we drove up to for my next appointments on Tuesday.  That trip was painful and I didn't really get out of the car unless I had to use the rest room.  I didn't take Oxy in case I had to drive...Tylenol isn't cutting it.  We made it late and went straight to bed.

No comments: