Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Worst nose bleed yet

Woke up with a nose bleed.  I have been frustrated because my nose is completely filled with dried blood and I don't want to blow it because that will probably cause a nose bleed.  I said to myself "heck with it," and blew my nose since I already had started to bleed.  Well, that was about bloody murder and took about 45 minutes before I was able to get it under control.  That said, I wasn't completely practicing effective nose bleed control methods.  I ended up getting a bit sick from the amount of blood I ended up swallowing.

When I got to the doctor, nose bleed started up again.  The sight of blood in a cancer center seems to be the way to get things moving because after that it seemed like when I said jump, they did.  We opted for a CT immediately to see if we could determine anything about the pain I'd been feeling.  Talked about pain management and got a script for oxycontin, a slow release pain reliever, and some meds to deal with the constipation that those kind of drugs cause.

Got in to the CT and will get results tomorrow...  Rest of the day was a waste, I don't deal well with the pain and the meds make me tired, so we just got another room for the night and relaxed with delivery.

No comments: