Friday, March 22, 2013

Feelings, as my brother asked

I feel like my doc is just using me as a test subject.  I don't think I'm benefiting from the trial.  This week was a break from treatment and I've been feeling...tired.  Every morning I have a nose bleed, and not just some red in the tissue paper, a pretty bad bleed that takes about 10 minutes to get under control.  I was using some hemeostatic strips that I bought, but today I used Afrin which seemed to help.  I've had constant mild pain which amounts to discomfort, I can manage that with tylenol.  At night, I sweat through the sheets and wake up about midnight or 1, then go down and sleep in a sleeping bag so I don't freeze in my own sweat.  I sweat less then, but still eventually wake up sweaty.  I, in general, have trouble keeping warm through out the day and even with the thermostat at 70, I'm shivering.  Appetite is way down, mostly because I think this big tumor in my belly is pushing on everything.

All this crap makes me feel like things are urgent, but the state of oncology seems to be 'we'll see'.

I can't decide if I should continue the trial or not?  I found a clinic in Wisconsin that administers Coley's Toxins and I definitely want to give that a try at some point, next I guess.

Anyway, shoot, I'm sorry this all sounds so bad, I'm just so frustrated and conflicted about what to do.  Other than that I'm feeling ok.  I mean, I make it to work and do my job if that's any measure of how I'm feeling.

No comments: