Friday, May 10, 2013

Trying to make plans

I saw on one of the message boards, I am on, that there is a trial out there for an anti-CD-L1 drug, the drug is referred to as MPDL3280A.  The study I found is open label, multi-center, multi-cancer type, etc etc  and there had been one other trial of the drug that showed really promising results and was well tolerated in patients.  The trial I was looking at:  NCT01375842 had two sites close by, within a flight, and I reached out to them for participation.  Only got one response, and although nice to get a response, they indicated sarcoma can't participate.  That seems like garbage to me; the trial indicates solid tumor and for crying out loud, I've got plenty of that.

I'm discouraged by that response, so looking into other options.  I checked MD Anderson, just for the heck of it and, frankly, they don't have anything I'm even remotely interested in trying.  So, I'm writing it down here of any of the things I might want to try:
1.  The SF trial - I still feel I have a good chance to get on, but I'm not going to wait for it.
2.  New Castle Disease Virus (NDV) in Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM), Sarcoma... - I'm always interested in immune response options, and this could be interesting, but it's only just been approved and travel to it might just be out of reach.
3.  ENMD-2076 - maybe...It's a pill like Pazopanib and I did well on it...
4.  TriN 2755 - sounds like an interesting infusion, problem is it's a dose escalation trial which...I'm not afraid of, but may mean I don't get effective dose for a while.  Not to mention travel might again put it out of reach.
5.  Dendritic Cell Vaccine With or Without Gemcitabine Pre-Treatment for Adults - more immune therapy options...might be worth the travel.
6. Cabozantinib for Adults With Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
7.  alisertib
8.  Her2 Chimeric Antigen Receptor Expressing T Cells in Advanced Sarcoma
9.  Anti-KIR Antibody in Combination With an Anti-PD1 - Sarcoma is accepted, but no slots open now, 50 people on list ahead of me, but I am on the list.
10.  

#.  And the search goes on.


No comments: