Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Infusion time

After getting done with the Dr. we went up to the infusion floor and received the chemo; Ramicurimab and paclitaxel.  First was some Normal Saline because they thought I might be a bit dehydrated after seeing the blood results.  Then premeds; antinausea, and benedryl.  This time the benedryl really got to me and I was so woozy that I felt kind of drunk in a way.  Definitely lethargic and heavy.  It was weird and eventually I quit fighting it and went to sleep.  I think I only woke once when they changed the infusion to the paclitaxel and that was another weird feeling when that started.  It literally felt like a wave passed over me from my head to my toes.  the nurses indicated that some patients feel flushing, but I don't remember ever feeling it with such an intensity before...very weird.

I found it funny that after the infusion they just let me get up and out of there.  For the CT contrast they make you wait a half and hour before you can go.  I guess if it doesn't happen during the infusion, then they are satisfied it won't happen later....

No comments: