Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trial Day 1

Today was a long day.  Started with a final meeting with my Dr. before getting started on trial drugs.  Quick chat a review of data.  Spoke with research coordinator and confirmed participation.  She wanted to make sure I knew I had the option to quit at any time.

Did a final pre trial blood draw and left the IV in for the additional draws they would be doing the rest of the day.  Reported to Clinical trials unit and got a nice little room for the next 7 hours.  Started pre medication with a large dose of benedryl (50mg) and some other premeds I don't recall.  That much benedryl typically makes people drowsy and I was no exception.  I stayed awake for them to access my port and infuse the Ramucirumab (505 mg) for an hour.  Shortly after that I dozed for a couple hours, waking only for a couple blood draws.  They kept doing blood draws every hour until late.  After the last one they sent me on my way, but I have to come back for more draws over the next couple days.

No comments: