Friday, November 14, 2008

Blood work came back good except...

for the platelets. Which goes a long way in explaining how I was feeling the past couple days. Usually the number I was at is not so alarming, but I was having symptoms(headache and nose bleeds) so the SCCA was suggesting I get a platelet transfusion. Against most peoples advice I choose not to get the transfusion, but have arrangements if that should change. Why not, you might say? Today I felt much better, only 1 nose bleed that stopped quickly, and no headache...

A note about my decision; It's not that I am fighting any of the treatments, I realize the Dr.'s have my best health in mind; This is not a sign that I am in any way giving up, platelets are important to blood clotting and since I am not exposing myself to bleeding risks I don't think it's necessary; The imperative has not been shown to me, call me stubborn; Yes, they are PhD's, but they are human after all; Finally, as I said, this was only alarming to them because I was experiencing nose bleeds and head aches, barring those, the concern would be diminished(if only slightly).

No comments: