Monday, November 10, 2008

Running (ACTUALLY)Saved My Life

This is a post from my other blog, I thought it might give a nice bit of explanation of how I got here in a short/sweet sort of way:

"I swear this, and I will do everything in my power to keep running as long as I live. The story is simply this; I was training for a marathon, running often and at most opportunities. I ran with my backpack so I could go play ULTY, a running game. Then I'd run home. I ran miles and miles, I ran into injury and was pissed with the downtime. I even ran a bit while in recovery. I ran and I ran, then I ran some more. Occasionally I'd get sore and think I'd pulled something, so I'd rest. This usually relieved the pain. After a while the pain didn't go away as quickly(overnight). I did something about it. Started seeing the doctors... If it wasn't for my diligent running, the pain I was noticing might never have been noticed as soon, nor treated with such urgency, and could have become a much more serious condition. Thanks to running, we caught it early and I'm thankful for that."

No comments: