Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little news is good news?

Visit with the doctors today was more of a rehash of what we already know and a bit of scheduling.  First, what we already know; it's kind of wait and see.  Chemo is still in the picture, but it depends on the surgery.  Radiation is still in the picture, but it depends on the surgery.  Actually it all depends more on the pathology of the tissue they remove from my body, and any presence of cancer cells/tissues.  Also, if in the surgery they discover any tumor that hasn't been seen in the scans and occurred as an offshoot.  But, the scans have all been so good...  Doctors didn't have a chance with the scans from yesterday yet, but will have them for surgery.

Scheduling isn't exactly definite but I know it's in December.  11th or 18th, I said either date was fine for me.  I'll have to stay in the hospital for a day post surgery, and may need to be there for a little pre-anesthesia meeting the day before...  I've had anesthesia before, should be able to skip that.  I should receive a call from scheduling at the UW or I'll call tomorrow.  Now, I have some time to work out logistics.  

Rest of my day was spent downtown Seattle.  Walked around, did some people watching, tried to find good chinese, then went to Seattle art museum for several hours.  It was nice to see some of the pieces, but there were only a handful I really liked.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the surgery. People watching in Seattle is indeed fascinating. It was one thing I really enjoyed while I was there. They are very different from Eastern Washington. The one thing that struck me was how much power pedestrians have there. Those folks would be "run over" here. I'm glad you became a follower of my Blog so that people reading my posts can be led to your Blog and hear your experiences with cancer. We cancer survivors - which I know you will be one - can help so much with spreading the word.