Saturday, October 11, 2008

Checking in checking on

Well, here it all begins. I checked in today at UWMC, one of the few places that specializes in this cancer. I checked in around noon, I guess that's not the best time, but they said they weren't concerned so much with when I arrived. Teresa got me up here and together we checked in, I got my room and went up and was actually kind left to myself in the room. It's a private, fair sized room with a easterly view, so I'll get the sunrise in the morning(NICE!!!). It wasn't long before a nurse came in and gave us a bit of a tour, there really isn't much to see unless you look really good(ha ha). There is a goodie bar that all patients can access to with tons of... wait for it, wait for it...you guessed it, goodies!!!! Jell-o, pudding, milk, 7up, etc etc etc.

It took a long time, but they finally got me all hooked up on my meds and I am currently being pumped full of all these neat-o chemicals. Here's a list:

Zofran - anti-nausea
decadron - steroid and anti-nausea
mesna - bladder protector
Doxorubicin - Part of my Chemo therapy on a 24 hr drip for 5 days
Ifosfamide - Also part of my chemo but on a shorter drip.

They also have me some blood boosters and I've had some blood taken for the labs. I'll start getting those regularly at 5 in the morning. With that I'm going to try to relax here a bit before I close my eyes, so I'll fill you in on more details later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any side effects yet from the chemicals? Hopefully not. Gotta love the goodie bar. I thought the hospital was supposed to care for you, not make you worse with all the junk food. Couldn't resist.