Sunday, October 19, 2008

The last week, basically

After Monday my appetite basically vanished. I eat like a bird anyhow, but it was all I could do to eat one meal a day. I don't know if it was the last meal I had on Monday, or all the chemo, or all the water I was drinking, but my appetite just wasn't there.

Tuesday was a decent day, if I recall correctly Teresa and I went for a long walk and took my new buddy "Beaker"
From Bulletin Board
(the I.V. tree rack) outside. Beaker needs some offroad wheels and suspension or something, cause he just isn't made for terrain of any sort. I was feeling well enough to actually move decently, the weather was nice, so we made a decent spectacle of myself out on the UWMC grounds. Teresa was quick to hit any power assist doors for me, which I just am not int he habit of using... I guess I get pretty tired easy because I believe I napped after that. And that basically sums up my day. It was my last day on Adriamyacin and honestly I think I started to feel better after that was removed from my chemo regime.

At some point during my stay Teresa and I played the only game I really know how to play, and I finally won a few rounds of that. Sadly it's not a very technical or elaborate, but it's simple quick fun. California Speed is what it's often referred to as, but I was introduced to it as "Cocaine." Must be a Washington thing...? My buddy Allan plays poker, so I'm hoping one of these times he can teach me that.

Wednesday my neice and nephew came by. My neice is back in town from her charmed life as an au pair to a successful family. It's really incredible and always a cool story. We all hung out a bit and talked, then went for lunch, but that was about all I did that day as far as getting out of bed. Allan also came by after work and hung out for a bit. Allan and I are really good friends in my estimation, so even though we were just chatting it was uplifting and pleasant. He didn't bring me a Red Mill Burger, but it probably would have been wasted on me.

All in all I had a decent time at UWMC. All my nurses were really nice and pleasant. Nurse Jennifer was really nice and caring; Nurse Jill seemed the most interesting to me(available?), and all the rest were just all in all pleasant.

No comments: