Friday, October 31, 2008

Here we go again!

So begins round 2 of chemo. All my doctors are pleased with how well I'm doing with everything. I'm not surprised by how well it's going, but I guess that's my ego.

Mark and I made the drive over this morning, early! It was dark, and with the rain, was dark and overcast for the whole trip; welcome to Seattle! I wanted to be sure and go to Red Mill before I checked in, so we headed to that with little trouble only to find it was closed...we bummed around the corner at a Starbucks until Red Mill opened, and then we went and had some really good burgers. First orders of the day! It's nice to have friends enjoy a new place that you like, and Mark did, so that was aces.

Made our way back to UWMC and checked in. Some confusion caused me to have to go to the SCCA for about an hour to get new chemo orders and talk about next steps etc etc. As I said, everyone's impressed with how well I'm doing, and the nurse says I'll have to be their poster child for treatment... They scheduled me for some scans and things that will be pre-op, but still no surgery date. 11/25 for MRI and some other scans, at least that's the plan as of today.

Went back to UWMC and began getting all hooked up. Kind of made Mark watch while they access my port. It's not terribly exciting, but I thought it'd be interesting. We kept making the nurse laugh, which may not be a good idea from a patients point of veiw, but I refuse to get in any kind of sour spirits. Saw a couple doctors already, nothing exciting. Did some running around and grabbed my PET scan images; really cool, on 3 CD's all kinds of color and different scan types etc etc. I can't wait to get my MRI!

After I walked Mark out to his car I finished getting all hooked up, and my chemo is now dripping! Discharge Wednesday! I'm in good condition, well dressed(really, I am), and though tired, I'm in high spirits. Happy Halloween, save me some candy!

No comments: